Data from the analysis EHSAT analysis confirm that a continuing significant number of helicopter accidents is due to crew judgement and actions.
The aim of the leaflets and videos proposed is to improve the safety of helicopter operations by providing pilots with the relevant information for each of these topics in order to allow a basic understanding of the causes, the prevention and the recovery actions thereby enabling pilots to make better, more informed decisions.
- HE1 Leaflet – Safety considerations [ UK, GE, IT, SP, ZH]
- HE2 Leaflet – Helicopter Airmanship
- HE3 Leaflet – Helicopter Off Airfield Landing Site Operations
- HE4 Leaflet – Single Pilot Decision Making
- HE5 Leaflet – Risk management in training
- HE6 Leaflet – Advantages of simulators in Helicopter Flight Training
- Helicopter ground operations signals published on Dec 2011
- Pre-flight planning Checklist
- US IHST – Flight Data Monitoring Toolkit for helicopter operators
- US IHST – Safety Management System Tool Kit
Regulatory reference material on training
The european regulatory environment is changing. The new regulation on FCL developped by EASA will be adopted by the European Commission and enter into force as Community law by April 2012. The latest information on the adoption of the Part FCL could be found there.
References and links
During the preparation of the different brochures and leaflets, the Team reveiwed several docuements and websites related to training for Helicopeter pilots: References and links
The EHEST Training Team
The Training Team is a voluntary partnership led by Eurocopter and includes EASA, IASA, Agusta Westland, ENAC, UK CAA and IAA and the contribution of our recognised Helicopeter training experts. Terms of Reference