“Human Factors: Our Collective Challenge – Our Individual Responsibility”
The Fifth International Helicopter Safety Symposium (IHSS 2011) will review the international helicopter community’s progress toward that goal and discuss how individual helicopter operators, pilots and mechanics can apply the lessons derived from its work to their daily activities.
At this symposium, helicopter operators will have the opportunity to:
- Help refine the global roadmap for enhancing helicopter safety and reducing accidents, particularly as it relates to the needs of individual owners, pilots and mechanics and smaller helicopter operators;
- Review the role that decision-making and other human factors consistently play in contributing to helicopter accidents;
- Learn what specific safety actions make business sense for their operations and how to implement those actions;
- Broaden their awareness of best safety practices and new safety technologies (including warning devices, Health and Usage Monitoring Systems and Helicopter Flight Data Monitoring), and
- Familiarise themselves with the tool kits and training aids available from IHST to improve day-to-day safety.
More information on the IHST website: