The EOFDM steering group organised a conference on 12 January 2012, in Cologne. It brought together some 120 people including 78 aircraft operator representatives, as well as delegates from aircraft manufacturers, regulators, pilot associations and research institutions. 15 technical presentations were given, on a variety of topics.
- ECAST and the EOFDM Project, Capt. Bertrand de Courville, Corporate Safety Manager, Air France.
- Results of EOFDM survey, Guillaume Aigoin, FDM Expert, EASA.
- Integration of FDM into an operator Safety Management System, Dragos Munteanu, Head of Flight Safety; Quality, TAROM and Capt. Jussi Laaksonen, Safety Manager, FinnComm Airlines. Note that only the part presented by Mr Munteanu is published.
- FDM and just culture – not published, Omar Rodriguez, Flight Safety Manager, Air Europa.
- Monitoring OPS issues, Capt. Bertrand de Courville, Corporate Safety Manager, Air France
- Characterisation of Deep and Long Landings and of the Runway Excursion Risk, Capt. Michael Wendt, Flight Safety Officer, Lufthansa, and Pere Fabregas, Flight Data Analyst, Vueling.
- Using FDM for Fatigue Risk Management - not published, Tuomas Tuisku, Safety Engineer, FinnComm Airlines
- Characterising hard landings, Guillaume Aigoin, FDM Expert, EASA.
Related to this presentation: AIA Best Practices – Inspection Processes following high load events
- Searching for hidden FDM events, Joao Brites, FDM Team Leader, NetJets.
- Two examples of FDM data retention policies – not published, Capt. Joe Elliott, Flight Safety Officer, Aer Lingus and Joao Brites, FDM Team Leader, NetJets
- An introduction to ATQP and the use of FDM to establish training objectives, Capt. Keith Dyce, Flight Manager SESMA & ATQP, British Airways.
- How FDM is used to optimize training at TAG Aviation, Malcolm Rusby, European Safety Director, TAG Aviation.
- Implementation of an individual performance follow up system, Captain Pascal Midy, Flight Safety Manager, Europe Airpost.
- Learning about unstabilised approaches through animations, Joris Wenderich, FDM Administrator, Transavia.
- High Bandwidth Event Briefings – Google Earth Visualisation, Simon Lie, Air Safety Investigator, Boeing.
- Data quality issues in safety programs, Colin Barnett, Operations Manager, Flight Data Analysis, IATA.
- European Authorities coordination group on FDM (EAFDM), David Wright, FDM Specialist and Research Project manager, CAA UK.
- FDM data use in the framework of ASIAS and Infoshare, James Fee, U.S. CAST Representative, FAA.